- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced mixed wild mushrooms, shiitake, crimini, etc.
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (or half and half for less fat)
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the garlic and saute until golden; not more than a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute until tender and most of the liquid evaporates. Add the wine, raise the heat and reduce until only half of the liquid remains. Add the cream, mascarpone cheese, and parsley. Simmer until the liquid is reduced to a sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water. When done, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More