- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySupposed to serve 6, more like 4! This is lick-your-bowl yummy
- 1 pound Penne pasta -- uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushroom -- thinly sliced -- about 5 cups
- 4 cups onions -- vertically sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves -- minced or pressed -- about 4
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage -- chopped
- 12 ounces evaporated milk -- 1 can
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese -- 2 oz
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg -- grated whole ... I used ground
- Sage Sprigs -- optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Keep pasta warm.
- Heat oil in a Dutch over over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cover and cook 3 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine chopped sage and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture and cheese to milk mixture, stirring with a whisk. Cook 2 minutes or until thick and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin, salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Add pasta and pumpkin mixute to mushroom mixture. toss well to combine. Garnish with sage sprigs if desired.
- Cooking Light