- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 12 ounces short pasta (such as gemelli or penne; about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 12 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), cut in half, or fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- 2. Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Add the arugula, bocconcini, the cooked pasta, the reserved pasta water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the arugula is just wilted, about 1 minute.
NotesFood for Pregnant Taylor
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More