- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 12 ounces short pasta (such as gemelli or penne; about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 12 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), cut in half, or fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- 2. Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3. Add the arugula, bocconcini, the cooked pasta, the reserved pasta water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring, until the arugula is just wilted, about 1 minute.
NotesFood for Pregnant Taylor