- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 T. olive oil, plus 1 T.
- 1 lb. bulk pork sweet Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, cracked and chopped
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 to 6 sprigs sage leaves, cut into chiffonade, about 2 T.
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (I use the whole can)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/8 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. fresh ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- 1 lb. penne, cooked al dente
- Heat large, deep nonstick skillet over med. high heat.
- Add 1 T. of olive oil and brown the sausage.
- Transfer sausage to paper towel lined plate.
- Drain fat from skillet and return pan to stove.
- Add remaining oil.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until tender.
- Add bay leaf, sage, and wine to pan.
- Reduce wine by half, about 2 min.
- Add stock and pumpkin, stir to combine, stirring sauce until it bubbles.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer mixture 5 to 10 min. to thicken sauce.
- Return drained pasta to the pot it was cooked in.
- Remove bay leaf from the sauce.
- Pour the sausage pumpkin sauce over pasta.
- Stir and heat for a minute or two.
- Garnish with shaved Parmigiano and sage leaves.
NotesThis is just simply delish! The last time I made this, my 5 year old son ate four helpings of it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More