- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 T. olive oil, plus 1 T.
- 1 lb. bulk pork sweet Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, cracked and chopped
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 to 6 sprigs sage leaves, cut into chiffonade, about 2 T.
- 1 c. dry white wine
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (I use the whole can)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/8 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. fresh ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- 1 lb. penne, cooked al dente
- Heat large, deep nonstick skillet over med. high heat.
- Add 1 T. of olive oil and brown the sausage.
- Transfer sausage to paper towel lined plate.
- Drain fat from skillet and return pan to stove.
- Add remaining oil.
- Add garlic and onion, cook until tender.
- Add bay leaf, sage, and wine to pan.
- Reduce wine by half, about 2 min.
- Add stock and pumpkin, stir to combine, stirring sauce until it bubbles.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer mixture 5 to 10 min. to thicken sauce.
- Return drained pasta to the pot it was cooked in.
- Remove bay leaf from the sauce.
- Pour the sausage pumpkin sauce over pasta.
- Stir and heat for a minute or two.
- Garnish with shaved Parmigiano and sage leaves.
NotesThis is just simply delish! The last time I made this, my 5 year old son ate four helpings of it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Get Cookin'See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More