- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10
- RED SAUCE
- 1 Chopped Red Pepper
- 1/8 Sliced Red Onion
- 1 Small Chopped Tomato
- Clove of Garlic
- Italian Spices of your choice
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- WHITE SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk or Cream
- 1/2 Cup of Parmeson
- 1/4 Cup of Feta
- Approx. 1 1/2 Cups of Pasta of your choice (I used Fusilli and would recommend either Rotini, Fusilli or a stuffed pasta).
- Boil pot of water for pasta.
- Sautee all ingredients for red sauce at a medium heat in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Transfer to blender and puree until smooth. Add more olive oil while blending if consistency is too thick. Set aside.
- Add pasta to water.
- Melt butter in saucepan low-medium heat. Add flour and whisk to mix. When mixture starts to bubble, slowly add milk, letting bubble slightly between additions. When milk is added and consistency is cooked to a sauce, add parmesan. Mix well. When parmesan is melted, add feta and cook until melted and consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Drain pasta and plate. Add a scoop of white sauce covering all pasta. Spoon and drizzle on red sauce over white sauce.
NotesI invented this recipe based on what was in my refridgerator at the time, a red pepper, a red onion and a tomato.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More