- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound box penne
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mixed herbs (such as chevil, tarragon and flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 lemon zested
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, then return to the pot.
- In a medium bowl, wisk together the butter, ricotta, and pasta water until a rich creamy sauce forms. Pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Add the herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper and toss.
- HINT - this does not make good leftovers - make only what you need.
NotesI found this in Real Simple magazine a few years ago - nice and creamy. HINT - this does not make good leftovers - make only what you need.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More