- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound box penne
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mixed herbs (such as chevil, tarragon and flat-leaf parsley)
- 1 lemon zested
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta, then return to the pot.
- In a medium bowl, wisk together the butter, ricotta, and pasta water until a rich creamy sauce forms. Pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Add the herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper and toss.
- HINT - this does not make good leftovers - make only what you need.
NotesI found this in Real Simple magazine a few years ago - nice and creamy. HINT - this does not make good leftovers - make only what you need.