Pasta with Scallops and Spinach
* 12 ounce pappardelle or other favorite pasta
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 pound sea scallops
* 1 item garlic clove, minced
* 1 cup white wine, chicken broth or clam juice
* 2 teaspoon butter
* 10 ounce package baby spinach
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Optional garnish: lemon wedges, toasted pine nuts
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in medium-size skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking; sauté scallops until cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
Remove scallops from pan. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Add spinach and tomatoes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, just until spinach is wilted and tomatoes softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Combine drained pasta and spinach mixture. Spoon onto plates; top with scallops. If desired, garnish with lemon wedges and pine nuts.