- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound bacon, thick-sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 1 1/2 pounds pasta
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain. Pour out all but 1 Tbsp grease from
- skillet. Add olive oil and onions. Saute 5 minutes, until wilted.
- Stir in garlic, tomatoes, salt, tarragon, and cayenne pepper. Simmer 30 minutes to reduce liquid. Crumble bacon, add to sauce along with parsley. Remove from heat.
- (If you like a smoother sauce, give it a whirl in the food processor, but don't overdo it.)
- Toss cooked pasta with a bit of butter, and then some of the sauce. Top each serving with additinoal sauce and grated parmesan.
NotesThis is a special pasta recipe. The bacon and a little spice make it stand out from the crowd. My Mom has been making this for years, and it's a favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Social CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More