- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box pasta (any kind you like)
- 1 can petite diced tomato
- 1 can small white beans (cannelini), rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, or 1/2 large, diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Approx. 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Boil pasta as directed. Meanwhile, saute the onion and carrots in about 1 or 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the petite diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and simmer for about 10-20 minutes. This way, the balsamic should lose some of it's acidity and the sauce will thicken up. Last, add the white beans and simmer until they are heated through. Add salt and pepper and the red pepper flakes to taste.
- Serve over pasta.
NotesThis was invented when I hadn't gone grocery shopping in a while and had to raid my cabinets for dinner. It turned out well and even my picky husband liked it. It sounds like a weird combination, but the carrots give it a little sweetness. I was inspired by a pomodoro sauce I had seen a recipe for, but I didn't follow it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More