- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 lb chicken tenders, white tendons removed, halved lengthwise and again crosswise (or just use chicken breast sliced to about the size of your pinkie finger)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb small white mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- n a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, season chicken generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add mushrooms to pan; season with salt and pepper. Cover, cook over medium heat until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, 3-5 minutes more. Add wine; cook, stirring, until evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream and chicken; stir to coat. Transfer to pot with pasta; add parsley and pasta water. Toss to combine. Season again with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
NotesOne of the many great recipes found in Everyday Food