- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb bowtie pasta
- 1 lb chicken tenders, white tendons removed, halved lengthwise and again crosswise (or just use chicken breast sliced to about the size of your pinkie finger)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb small white mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- n a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, season chicken generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add mushrooms to pan; season with salt and pepper. Cover, cook over medium heat until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated, 3-5 minutes more. Add wine; cook, stirring, until evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream and chicken; stir to coat. Transfer to pot with pasta; add parsley and pasta water. Toss to combine. Season again with salt and pepper; serve immediately.
NotesOne of the many great recipes found in Everyday Food
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More