- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for rolling
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup water plus a little more if necessary
- To make the pasta:
- Sift the 2 cups of flour and salt together into a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and place the egg and 1/2 cup water in the well.
- Work the dough with your hands or a wooden spoon into a smooth dough. (You might find that you will need more water if you are rolling the pasta by hand and less if you are using a hand-turned pasta machine.)
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces.
- Roll out each piece to 1/16 inch thick with a rolling pin or pasta machine, and cut into 3 inch squares, discarding the uneven edges.
- Plac 1 to 2 teaspoons filling into the center of each square.
- Moisten the entire outer edge with water, bring the 4 corners together in the center and pinch tightly to seal, then pinch together the 4 straight edges to seal completely (take care with this step, sealing the dumplings thoroughly will ensure that they will not become unsealed in the water and lose the filling.)
- Repeat with remaining pasta and filling.
- Place the manti on a lightly floured baking sheet in a single layer.
- **NOTE- The pasta process can be eliminated by using won ton wrappers. Of course homemade pasta tastes better!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More