- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 pkg. (7oz) uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cook macaroni.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, 1/2 tsp. of salt, oregano, pepper and cinnamon; heat through.
- Drain macaroni; place half of macaroni in a greased 9-in square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Layer with meat mixture and remaining macaroni. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and remaining salt until smooth.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of the hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining cheese.
- Pour sauce over macaroni.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More