- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 6 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Place the milk, half the sugar and the vanilla bean in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Combine the egg yolks and the remaining sugar in a bowl and whisk until light in color.
- Add in the flour and the salt, mix to combine.
- When the milk just begins to boil, remove from heat and remove vanilla bean.
- Very slowly dribble the hot milk into the yolk mixture, stirring all the time.
- When about half of the milk has been added, place all of the yolk mixture into the saucepan over medium heat.
- Using a spatula or a whisk, mix the pastry cream as it heats, making sure to reach all of the corners of the pan when you stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- The mixture will be thick.
- Remove from heat and add the butter.
- Strain if you wish for a smoother cream.
- Place into a bowl and cover directly with plastic wrap to stop a skin from forming on the cream.
- Chill and use within a few days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Get Cookin'See More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More