- Cooking Time: 60mins
- Preparation Time: 30mins
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, Heat milk to boiling and remove from the heat.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until pale yellow.
- Beat in the flour.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream, beating constantly.
- When all the milk has been added, place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, or pour the mixture into the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cook 2 minutes more, then remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool for 1 hour
NotesI use to adjust this recipe and use it when as a filling in Cup cakes and cakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More