- Cooking Time: 60mins
- Preparation Time: 30mins
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, Heat milk to boiling and remove from the heat.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until smooth.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar and continue beating until pale yellow.
- Beat in the flour.
- Pour the hot milk into the egg yolk mixture in a steady stream, beating constantly.
- When all the milk has been added, place the bowl over a pan of boiling water, or pour the mixture into the top of a double boiler. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cook 2 minutes more, then remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to cool for 1 hour
NotesI use to adjust this recipe and use it when as a filling in Cup cakes and cakes.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
CUPPY DUCKING CAKE :S
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More