- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup shortening or lard
- 6 to 7 tablespoons cold water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl stir together flour and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening till pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of mixture, then toss with a fork.
- Push to side of bowl.
- Repeat, using 1 tablespoon of water at a time until all is moistened.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten one ball of dough.
- roll dough from center to edges forming a 12 inch circle.
- Wrap the pastry around the rolling pin.
- Unroll onto a 9 inch pie plate.
- Ease pastry into the pie plate, being careful NOT to stretch it.
- For top crust, repeat rolling remaining dough.
- Cut slits in crust.
- Transfer filling in pastry lined pie plate; trim bottom pastry even with rim of plate .
- Place top crust on filling.
- Trim top crust 1/2 inch beyond edge of plate.
- Fold top crust under bottom pastry.
- Seal and crimp edges.
- Bake as directed in recipes
NotesKolla I promised you that we would share the recipe for Pastry for Double-Crust pie, so here is the recipe kiddo.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More