- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 20g/¾oz dried porcini mushrooms, soaked
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flatleaf parsley
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 250g/9oz thin streaky bacon or pancetta
- 2 lamb loin fillets, trimmed
- To serve
- mashed potatoes
- roasted root vegetables (such as carrots, parsnips or swede)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/355F/Gas 4.
- 2. Chop the soaked mushrooms and then mash to a paste with a pestle and mortar.
- 3. Place the mashed mushrooms, vinegar, onion, garlic, rosemary, parsley, oregano, sugar, salt and freshly ground black pepper into a blender and blitz to a paste.
- 4. Place the bacon rashers together, side by side, onto a chopping board to form two sheets. Place a lamb fillet at the rasher ends of each sheet, ready to roll up.
- 5. Spread the paste mixture evenly over the top of each lamb fillet, then roll up each fillet like a cigar, wrapping them up in the bacon sheets, to form a roll.
- 6. Place the two fillets in a roasting tin, making sure the rasher ends are tucked under the fillet on the bottom of the tin. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15-25 minutes, depending how rare or well done you like your lamb.
- 7. Remove the fillets from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place for 5-10 minutes.
- 8. To serve, slice the wrapped fillets on the diagonal and place onto warmed plates. Serve with mashed potatoes and root vegetables alongside.
- by Simon King
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More