- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 113g unsalted butter
- Half tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Place the water, milk, butter and salt in a medium-sized saucepan, and on medium heat bring the liquid to a rolling boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and immediately add all the flour, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon till combined and the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Place the pan back on the heat and continue to cook for another minute, to help remove excess moisture from the dough.
- Leave the dough to cool for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (you need the dough to be cooler before adding the eggs otherwise they will solidify and cook).
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition (you can do this with a wooden spoon if you are like me and don’t have a mixer.
- It just needs a bit of arm-power!).
- Continue beating/mixing till the dough is smooth and shiny, then pipe/spoon into forms on lined baking trays.
- Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees C and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or till golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack, then pierce a hole into each profiterole to allow the steam to escape (if you don’t do this then the steam will be absorbed by the choux pastry and they’ll become soggy), then set aside till completely cool.
- Pipe crème pâtissière (pastry cream), custard or crème Chantilly into the hollows of each then serve as desired
NotesRead more about this recipe on my food blog - http://www.insanitytheory.net/kitchenwench/2007/05/13/the-sweetest-puff-of-all/
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More