- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTIP: To avoid smudging the Uncle Sam hat design, have your child hold the cone from the inside while decorating it with fruit leather and icing.
- 1 Wafer ice cream cone
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- White frosting
- Blue fruit leather
- Red and blue decorating gels
- Red and blue M&M's
- Canister of ready-made whipped cream
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a plate and return it to the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, construct an Uncle Sam hat out of a wafer ice cream cone.
- Use frosting to attach a blue band of fruit leather around the bottom of the cone.
- Squirt vertical stripes of red decorating gel down the sides and blue gel on the top.
- Using a star tip, squirt on white frosting stars around the blue fruit leather, if desired.
- Remove the ice cream-scoop "head" from the freezer and top with the Uncle Sam hat. Working quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt, add blue M&M's eyes and a red M&M's nose. Finally, add a whipped cream beard. To do this, have your child hold the canister upside down while squirting on a long white beard.
- Serve up your Uncle Sam ice cream cone immediately.