- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Wafer ice cream cone
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- White frosting
- Blue fruit leather
- Red and blue decorating gels
- Red and blue M&M's
- Canister of ready-made whipped cream
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a plate and return it to the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, construct an Uncle Sam hat out of a wafer ice cream cone.
- Use frosting to attach a blue band of fruit leather around the bottom of the cone.
- Squirt vertical stripes of red decorating gel down the sides and blue gel on the top.
- Using a star tip, squirt on white frosting stars around the blue fruit leather, if desired.
- Remove the ice cream-scoop "head" from the freezer and top with the Uncle Sam hat. Working quickly so the ice cream doesn't melt, add blue M&M's eyes and a red M&M's nose. Finally, add a whipped cream beard. To do this, have your child hold the canister upside down while squirting on a long white beard.
- Serve up your Uncle Sam ice cream cone immediately.
NotesTIP: To avoid smudging the Uncle Sam hat design, have your child hold the cone from the inside while decorating it with fruit leather and icing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More