- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbls. cold water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 10 oz. slivered almonds
- 6 oz. chopped almonds
- Beat first 5 ingredients, set aside
- Sift cinnamon, flour, and, powder.
- Mix both batches together by hand and fold in almonds.
- Make 3 small loaves and place each on a greased baking sheet
- Mix 2 tsp. water and one egg white and rub over top of loaves, sprinkle with sugar
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Cool for about 10 minutes and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- *You can make the loaves ahead and keep refrigerated for two days!
NotesThese are my absolute favorite cookie. My mother and my aunt Patty make dozens of cookies for trays at Christmas, like every good Italian lady! I snatch all of these from the trays and leave the rest!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More