- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
BackstoryThese are my absolute favorite cookie. My mother and my aunt Patty make dozens of cookies for trays at Christmas, like every good Italian lady! I snatch all of these from the trays and leave the rest!
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbls. cold water
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 10 oz. slivered almonds
- 6 oz. chopped almonds
- Beat first 5 ingredients, set aside
- Sift cinnamon, flour, and, powder.
- Mix both batches together by hand and fold in almonds.
- Make 3 small loaves and place each on a greased baking sheet
- Mix 2 tsp. water and one egg white and rub over top of loaves, sprinkle with sugar
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Cool for about 10 minutes and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- *You can make the loaves ahead and keep refrigerated for two days!