- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pattypans (or zucchinis or both), chopped with skin
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 Tbsp oil (sunflower or olive)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A few basil leaves, to taste
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Paprika, for garnish
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, adding the lemon gradually.
- Blend until smooth and garnish with paprika.
NotesThis is an incredible fast & easy recipe that everyone loves! It's a great way to use entire pattypan squashes (keeping the skin on). It really tastes like hummus but it is a vegetable-based & gluten-free dip. You can also make this dip with zucchinis and other summer squashes (note: if you use green zucchinis, the dip will be green).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More