- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 pattypans (or zucchinis or both), chopped with skin
- 2 Tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 Tbsp oil (sunflower or olive)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A few basil leaves, to taste
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Paprika, for garnish
- In a blender, combine all ingredients, adding the lemon gradually.
- Blend until smooth and garnish with paprika.
NotesThis is an incredible fast & easy recipe that everyone loves! It's a great way to use entire pattypan squashes (keeping the skin on). It really tastes like hummus but it is a vegetable-based & gluten-free dip. You can also make this dip with zucchinis and other summer squashes (note: if you use green zucchinis, the dip will be green).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More