PAULA'S DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OOEY GOOEY BUTTER CAKE ICE CREAM
- Cooking Time: 40 to 50
- Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake:
- Butter, for greasing pan, plus 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Chocolate ice cream
- Additional Add-ins:
- Cookie crumbs, your choice
- Handful of nuts, preferably pecans
- Hot fudge
- Cut Cake into bite-sized pieces, adding it to chocolate ice cream.
- Crumble your choice of cookies and add to the ice cream while adding your choice of nuts. Add hot fudge to your desire and mix together.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons (1 stick) melted butter, and stir until well blended.
Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Add the remaining 2 eggs, and the cocoa powder.
Lower the speed of the mixer, and add the powdered sugar.
Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
Slowly add the remaining 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of melted butter, and the vanilla, continuing to beat the mixture until smooth.
Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Be careful not to overcook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.
Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.