- Cooking Time: 40 to 50
- Preparation Time:
- Double Chocolate Ooey Gooey Butter Cake:
- Butter, for greasing pan, plus 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Chocolate ice cream
- Additional Add-ins:
- Cookie crumbs, your choice
- Handful of nuts, preferably pecans
- Hot fudge
- Cut Cake into bite-sized pieces, adding it to chocolate ice cream.
- Crumble your choice of cookies and add to the ice cream while adding your choice of nuts. Add hot fudge to your desire and mix together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 egg, and 8 tablespoons (1 stick) melted butter, and stir until well blended.
- Pat mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the remaining 2 eggs, and the cocoa powder.
- Lower the speed of the mixer, and add the powdered sugar.
- Continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- Slowly add the remaining 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of melted butter, and the vanilla, continuing to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in nuts with a rubber spatula. Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Be careful not to overcook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking.
- Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
NFPG Recipe Collection
culinary karmaSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More