- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 (2 1/2-pound) chickens, cut into quarters or pieces
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup mixed red and green grapes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10 by 15-inch baking pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and egg. In another dish combine flour, pecans, salt, paprika, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk then in flour.
- Place skin side down in melted butter.
- Turn to coat and leave skin side up.
- Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Half way through cooking, toss the grapes onto the baking pan as well.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More