- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound ground maple pork sausage
- 6 slices soft hearty white bread
- One 8-ounce package shredded triple Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain well on
- paper towels.
- Cut and discard the crusts from the bread. Cut the slices in half, and arrange in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, cutting pieces
- to fit as necessary to cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with the sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; carefully pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Bake casserole until set and golden, about 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesThis delicious casserole was served with Paula's Shrimp and Grits and Fluffy Sweet Potato Biscuit at MetroCooking Houston and MetroCooking Dallas in September '13 at the Paula Deen Brunch and Photo Op.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More