- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 c bisquick
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- flour, for dusting the work surface
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 14 oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 t salt
- shredded sharp Cheddar
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Invert a muffin tin and spray the underside with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Stir together the baking mix, milk, and cayenne and shape into a ball.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times.
- Divide the ball into 6 pieces, rolling each piece into a 6” circle.
- Place a dough circle over the back of each muffin cup and press around the cup to form a bowl shape.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly.
- Remove the biscuit bowls and reserve.
- Chili Filling:
- Brown the ground chuck over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
- Add the onion and green pepper and continue to cook until the meat is completely browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any fat and discard.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 35 minutes.
- When ready to serve, spoon the hot chili into the biscuit bowls.
- Serve with toppings of shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, and corn chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More