- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 c bisquick
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- flour, for dusting the work surface
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 14 oz cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 t salt
- shredded sharp Cheddar
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Invert a muffin tin and spray the underside with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Stir together the baking mix, milk, and cayenne and shape into a ball.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3 or 4 times.
- Divide the ball into 6 pieces, rolling each piece into a 6” circle.
- Place a dough circle over the back of each muffin cup and press around the cup to form a bowl shape.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly.
- Remove the biscuit bowls and reserve.
- Chili Filling:
- Brown the ground chuck over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
- Add the onion and green pepper and continue to cook until the meat is completely browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any fat and discard.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili powder, and salt and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 35 minutes.
- When ready to serve, spoon the hot chili into the biscuit bowls.
- Serve with toppings of shredded cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, and corn chips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More