- Cooking Time: 180
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryThis recipe was served at the Deen Brothers BBQ at MetroCooking Houston '13 and at the Bobby Deen BBQ at MetroCooking Dallas '13.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cup (about 10-ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8 ounce box isn’t quite 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the
- cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Add eggs. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.