- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1 1/2 lbs head of cabbage, quartered, cored, and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, parsley and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the cabbage mixture and toss well to combine.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if desired.
- Let coleslaw stand at least 10 minutes before serving.