- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups bottled sauce or Easy BBQ Sauce (recipe follows)
- BBQ Sauce:
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon hot sauce, (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare a medium-hot grill or preheat the broiler. If using the broiler, line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the chicken on the grill or, if broiling, put it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Grill or broil, 4 inches from the heat, turning once, for 10 minutes per side.
- Put 1/2 of the BBQ sauce in a small bowl, for drizzling and serving. Reserve.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining sauce and grill or broil for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter, drizzle with some of the reserved sauce, and serve with lime wedges and the remaining reserved sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard, hot sauce, and black pepper.
- Stir in the scallions, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Italian Exchange
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More