- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for baking dish
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will still be lumpy).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the corn bread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the cornbread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More