- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche, recipe follows
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 lb fresh sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Cognac or wine
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons fish or chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- Creme Fraiche:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Prepare creme fraiche ahead of time by combining heavy cream and sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours.
- Clean, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add lemon juice and garlic. Place shrimp and scallops in butter and saute until scallops are opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a warm platter.
- Add Cognac or wine to pan juice. Dissolve cornstarch in stock and add along with creme fraiche to pan. Simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce over shellfish and garnish with basil sprigs.
NotesA bit after our wedding, Paula Deen had a show called "Newlyweds", with great dishes for couples. This is from that episode and one of our favorite recipes from her! It's pretty easy to make and is great for a special, romantic dinner. Serves 2 :)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More