- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA bit after our wedding, Paula Deen had a show called "Newlyweds", with great dishes for couples. This is from that episode and one of our favorite recipes from her! It's pretty easy to make and is great for a special, romantic dinner. Serves 2 :)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche, recipe follows
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 1/2 lb fresh sea scallops
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 stick butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Cognac or wine
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons fish or chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- Creme Fraiche:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Prepare creme fraiche ahead of time by combining heavy cream and sour cream. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours.
- Clean, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Pat scallops dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add lemon juice and garlic. Place shrimp and scallops in butter and saute until scallops are opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a warm platter.
- Add Cognac or wine to pan juice. Dissolve cornstarch in stock and add along with creme fraiche to pan. Simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce over shellfish and garnish with basil sprigs.