- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced about the same size as the onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups 1% milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans whole kernel corn
- crumbled bacon bits, for garnish
- grated sharp Cheddar, for garnish
- In a 4-quart saucepan, melt the butter and saute the onion and carrots until both are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, milk, and dissolved bouillon cubes. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft and some of them have begun to dissolve into mush. Add the half-and-half, salt, pepper, and corn. Return soup to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Serve soup sprinkled with bacon bits and grated cheese.
NotesBlogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More