- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8-ounce) package wild rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
- Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More