- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box French vanilla pudding, plus ingredients to prepare
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup flaked, sweetened toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare yellow cake mix as directed using a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. While cake is baking, combine the pineapple and 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Remove cake from oven and using a fork, pierce holes into cake. Pour pineapple mixture over hot cake and set aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Spread pudding over cake and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Whip heavy cream and remaining sugar until stiff. Cover top of cake with whipped cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More