- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups made espresso coffee (preferably LAVAZZA or ILLY)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream - whipped with 1 tblspn sugar and 1 tspn Kahlua
- ¼ cup Amaretto di Saronno, Marsala or Kahlua liqueuer
- (Or try an equal mixture of Tia Maria, Kahlua and Amaretto)
- ½ cup sugar
- 24 pavesini biscuits or savoiardi (lady fingers will do as well)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Small block of chocolate
- Break and separate the eggs. (Whites in one container and yolks in another.)
- Store whites in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add sugar to the yolks, whisk together thoroughly then, gently fold in mascarpone by thirds.
- Add 1/2 whipped cream, mix again and set aside. (Store remaining whipped cream for final service.)
- Beat the eggs whites until stiff peaks form - then, fold beaten egg whites into the sugar-yolk mixture.
- Meantime, brew espresso and pour it in a bowl to cool. Once cooled, add in liqueur and stir well.
- To assemble your dessert: Use individual martini glasses or a baking dish.
- Pour some of the mixture on the bottom. Then, dip biscuits in the tepid coffee (or orange or strawberry juice) and place them on the baking dish or in the martini glass. Continue until the bottom is covered.
- Add more mixture, then again a layer of the espresso-dipped biscuits. You also may want to dust each layer with cocoa powder or almond dust.
- Once you have four layers - put in the fridge and let it set for 3 hours to allow flavors to mix and biscuits to absorb and firm up the dessert.
- For final service, add a dollop of fresh whipped cream, dust with cocoa and top with chocolate slivers.
NotesRather than ladyfingers, try pavesini bisquits they absorb more of the liqueur and offer a heavier, cakier texture to this classic dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More