- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- To serve
- 250mL thickened cream, whipped
- 125mL natural yoghurt, lightly whipped with a fork
- 250g strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Draw a circle approx. 20cm in diameter on the baking paper and set it aside for now.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla extract into a clean, dry bowl till stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition, then continue to beat till the meringue is thick, glossy and fairly firm.
- Beat in the cornflour, arrowroot and vinegar.
- Pile the meringue onto the baking paper inside the drawn circle, slightly smooth into shape then put it in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 120 degrees C.
- Bake the pave for 1 hr and 20 mins, or till the outside is firm but not browned.
- Once cooked, turn off the oven, prop open the door with a wooden spoon and leave till the pav has completely cooled.
- Gently fold together the whipped cream and yoghurt, then spoon on top of the cooled pav.
- Toss the strawberries in the icing sugar and gently arrange on top and serve.
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More