- Cooking Time: 90
- Preparation Time:
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- To serve
- 250mL thickened cream, whipped
- 125mL natural yoghurt, lightly whipped with a fork
- 250g strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Draw a circle approx. 20cm in diameter on the baking paper and set it aside for now.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla extract into a clean, dry bowl till stiff peaks form.
- Add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition, then continue to beat till the meringue is thick, glossy and fairly firm.
- Beat in the cornflour, arrowroot and vinegar.
- Pile the meringue onto the baking paper inside the drawn circle, slightly smooth into shape then put it in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 120 degrees C.
- Bake the pave for 1 hr and 20 mins, or till the outside is firm but not browned.
- Once cooked, turn off the oven, prop open the door with a wooden spoon and leave till the pav has completely cooled.
- Gently fold together the whipped cream and yoghurt, then spoon on top of the cooled pav.
- Toss the strawberries in the icing sugar and gently arrange on top and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More