- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beaver, cut to serving portions
- 2 sweet onions
- 4 oz. saltine crackers "1 sleeve"
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parboil beaver in salted water with onions until tender.
- Heat shortening and bacon grease in a large heavy skillet.
- Mix thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper, rub into beaver, coat well.
- Crush crackers to fine crumbs.
- Roll beaver pieces through cracker crumbs to coat well.
- Cook real slow with pan 1/2 covered until browned and tender.
NotesThis recipe came from my Grandpa Clouse, I have tried it, love it!
My grandpa would prefer having this dish with some corn fritters, scalloped potatoes, and pecan pie for dessert.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More