- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 beaver, cut to serving portions
- 2 sweet onions
- 4 oz. saltine crackers "1 sleeve"
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Parboil beaver in salted water with onions until tender.
- Heat shortening and bacon grease in a large heavy skillet.
- Mix thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper, rub into beaver, coat well.
- Crush crackers to fine crumbs.
- Roll beaver pieces through cracker crumbs to coat well.
- Cook real slow with pan 1/2 covered until browned and tender.
NotesThis recipe came from my Grandpa Clouse, I have tried it, love it!
My grandpa would prefer having this dish with some corn fritters, scalloped potatoes, and pecan pie for dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Naked Macaron
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More