- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 whole broiler chicken cut into pieces (3 -4 lbs)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 tbsp apple brandy
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. In a bowl, whisk together the soup, cider, brandy, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Stir in the mushrooms. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray. Spoon enough sauce in the bottom to coat completely. Place the chicken pieces in, skin side up. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for one hour, then uncover and bake for an additional 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a serving platter and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice.
NotesPays d’Auge is a region of France near Normandy famous for its apples and Calvados apple brandy. This baked chicken dish is inspired by that region.