- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- Prep Time:30 min
- Total Time:24 hr 30 min
- Makes:About 6 (1-cup) containers or 96 servings, 1 Tbsp. each
- 3 cups prepared fruit (about 2 lb. fully ripe peaches)
- 4-1/2 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
- RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- PEEL and pit peaches. Finely chop or grind fruit. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared peaches into large bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice; mix well. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 min. Add to peach mixture; stir 3 min. or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
NotesI just love freezer jam. I think because the fruit isn't cooked, it just has that wonderful fresh fruit flavor. Yummy and simple and makes great little gifts for friends and neighbors. This is a Sure Jell Fruit Pectin recipe. There are dozens on their website and on the pamphlet that comes with the fruit pectin.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More