- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- Prep Time:30 min
- Total Time:24 hr 30 min
- Makes:About 6 (1-cup) containers or 96 servings, 1 Tbsp. each
- 3 cups prepared fruit (about 2 lb. fully ripe peaches)
- 4-1/2 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
- RINSE clean plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- PEEL and pit peaches. Finely chop or grind fruit. Measure exactly 3 cups prepared peaches into large bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice; mix well. Let stand 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 min. Add to peach mixture; stir 3 min. or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
NotesI just love freezer jam. I think because the fruit isn't cooked, it just has that wonderful fresh fruit flavor. Yummy and simple and makes great little gifts for friends and neighbors. This is a Sure Jell Fruit Pectin recipe. There are dozens on their website and on the pamphlet that comes with the fruit pectin.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More