- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Sixteen 1/2-inch-thick slices crusty Italian or French bread
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted, and cut into fine dice
- 1/2 banana, cut into fine dice
- 8 large strawberries, cut into fine dice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Brush toasts with butter on one side. Toasts may be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container. In a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over buttered side of each toast. Broil toast about 5 inches from heat under preheated broiler 30 seconds, or until tops are bubbling, and cool. In a bowl stir together fruit and remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and mound about 1 tablespoon on each toast. Top each toast with about 1 teaspoon yogurt and drizzle with honey.
NotesAlthough most bruschetta are savory, this sweet bruschetta is perfect for breakfast or dessert and can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Italy or Bust
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More