- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAlthough most bruschetta are savory, this sweet bruschetta is perfect for breakfast or dessert and can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- Sixteen 1/2-inch-thick slices crusty Italian or French bread
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted, and cut into fine dice
- 1/2 banana, cut into fine dice
- 8 large strawberries, cut into fine dice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange bread slices in one layer in a shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until golden, about 10 minutes. Brush toasts with butter on one side. Toasts may be made 1 week ahead and kept in an airtight container. In a small bowl stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over buttered side of each toast. Broil toast about 5 inches from heat under preheated broiler 30 seconds, or until tops are bubbling, and cool. In a bowl stir together fruit and remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar and mound about 1 tablespoon on each toast. Top each toast with about 1 teaspoon yogurt and drizzle with honey.