- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbs. (Crisco) shortening or butter
- 1 cup pancake or waffle mix
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 can peach slices, 2 Tbs. juice reserved (½ cup peach puree)
- ½ tsp. brown sugar
- butter to taste (optional)
- pancake syrup (optional)
- Puree 3/4 can peaches by placing slices only, no juice in a blender or food processor. Pulse couple of times to get a chunky (apple sauce) texture.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium-high heat with shortening. In a small bowl or cup, whisk egg and oil. In medium mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, milk, egg and oil mixture and brown sugar. Whisk until smooth and bumpy. (Don't mix too much, pancakes will be tough) Fold in peach puree.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet a ¼ cup at a time to create large puddles of dough. Turn once, after bubbles appear in dough ovals. Cook in batches. Pancakes should be browned.
- Serve on plates with butter and syrup (optional).
NotesThis is a tasty sweet pancake. But not too sweet. It's just right!
more about why I created it....on my blog at http://amrecipes.wordpress.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Social Cookbook
Koken met OmaSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More