- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Can (15.25 oz) sliced peaches in syrup
- 2 pkgs (3 oz) each peach or apricot jello
- ½ C sugar
- 2 C boiling water
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 – 8 oz carton Cool Whip ( I used fat free)
- additional peaches for garnish, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 C syrup.
- Chop peaches into small pieces and set aside.
- In a pot on the stove, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Stir extract into cool whip and gently fold into gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into a 6 C mold coated with pam (I use mayo to coat my dish)
- Chill until set. Unmold and garnish with additional peaches if desired. I make this in a pretty glass bowl and that works also.