- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 medium fresh peaches, peeled and chopped or 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175 degrees; stir in 1 1/4 cups sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160 degrees and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Add to cooled milk mixture. Stir in peach nectar and lemon juice. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Set aside, stirring several times.
- Drain and discard juice from peaches. Add some of the peaches to each batch of ice cream during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture and peaches until ready to freeze. Transfer ice cream to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. May be frozen for up to 2 months.