- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds) or
- 2 cans (1 pound 14 oz ) sliced peaches drained reserving 1/4 cup syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peaches, 1/2 cup
- sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts,cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup water (or the 1/4 cup reserved syrup).
- i jigger of brandy or rum
- Turn into 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons butter, egg.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Drop in portions of batter over filling, spacing evenly. (Batter will spread during baking.)
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until peaches are tender and crust is golden.
- Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
- When making the batter for the crust, I always double the ingredients as I like my crust thick.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More