- Servings: 9
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds) or
- 2 cans (1 pound 14 oz ) sliced peaches drained reserving 1/4 cup syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Preheat oven to 375 F.
In a medium bowl, combine peaches, 1/2 cup
sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extracts,cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 cup water (or the 1/4 cup reserved syrup).
i jigger of brandy or rum
Turn into 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons butter, egg.
Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
Drop in portions of batter over filling, spacing evenly. (Batter will spread during baking.)
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until peaches are tender and crust is golden.
Serve warm with cream or vanilla ice cream.
When making the batter for the crust, I always double the ingredients as I like my crust thick.