- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ c. (one stick) butter, cut into bits
- 5-6 cups, peeled, sliced fresh peaches
- Juice and grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2 T. maple syrup
- *Maple cream Sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is the consistency of coarse meal.
- Place peaches in 9-inch square baking pan or smaller baking dish.
- Gently mix in lemon juice, rind and maple syrup. Top with crumb mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 20 to 30 minutes more or until top is crisp and brown.
- You might want to broil for a couple of minutes to ensure good color.
- Serve warm with maple cream sauce.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More