- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: about 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes -2 hours
- 1 large can of freestone peaches
- 1 large box of French Vanilla instant pudding
- 1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 large container Cool-Whip
- Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Bake cake mix according to package instructions, in a deep dish. When cake is done, set aside to cool completely.
- In the meantime, separate peaches from the syrup - SAVE THE SYRUP.
- Chop the peaches into small pieces.
- Crumble the cake thoroughly in the same dish you baked it in.
- Pour peach syrup over the cake evenly.
- Spread chopped peaches over that evenly.
- Make the instant pudding and spread over peaches evenly.
- Cool in the refrigerator an hour or two.
- Spread Cool Whip over pudding evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
- EAT UP!
NotesThis recipe is my husband's favorite dessert. My teen boys love it, too. Everytime I share this at family get togethers or potlucks people ask for the recipe. It is SO easy to make and the reward of compliments is GREAT. HA
My mother-in-law passed this on to me early in my marriage and and she got it from an old magazine somewhere. Well, it has certainly stood the test of time!