- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: about 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes -2 hours
- 1 large can of freestone peaches
- 1 large box of French Vanilla instant pudding
- 1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 large container Cool-Whip
- Pecans, chopped (optional)
Bake cake mix according to package instructions, in a deep dish. When cake is done, set aside to cool completely.
In the meantime, separate peaches from the syrup - SAVE THE SYRUP.
Chop the peaches into small pieces.
Crumble the cake thoroughly in the same dish you baked it in.
Pour peach syrup over the cake evenly.
Spread chopped peaches over that evenly.
Make the instant pudding and spread over peaches evenly.
Cool in the refrigerator an hour or two.
Spread Cool Whip over pudding evenly.
Sprinkle with nuts (optional).
My mother-in-law passed this on to me early in my marriage and and she got it from an old magazine somewhere. Well, it has certainly stood the test of time!