- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large whole-wheat baguette (about 8 ounces)
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon, juiced about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2-inch slices and arrange the slices in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the pan. In a medium bowl, toss peaches with the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Scatter the peach slices evenly on top of the bread.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover and bake for 40 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt, a drizzle of maple syrup and a side of Canadian bacon.
- Nutrition Information
- Nutritional Analysis per Serving Calories 254
- Total fat 6 grams Saturated fat 1.6 grams
- Protein 12.5 grams Carbohydrates 40 grams
- Fiber 5 grams
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More