- Cooking Time: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup peach jam or preserves
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced and the mixture looks like wet sand, about 4 minutes. Whisk in both mustards and the jam or preserves. Simmer, whisking, until jam melts, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bourbon and salt.
- Cook's Note: The bourbon is stirred in at the end—uncooked—to give a genuine jolt to the sauce. This Southern blend goes great with pork but is also a good finisher for chicken, duck, or veal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Foodie BabySee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More