- Cooking Time: 23
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 4 (1 1/2-inch thick) pork chops
- Safflower or corn oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup peach jam or preserves
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
- Prepare an outdoor grill with a high heat for both direct and indirect grilling. Position a drip pan under the grate on the cooler side of the grill.
- Brush the pork chops on both sides with oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grill the chops over the heat until brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Move them to the cool side of the grill and brush with some of the Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce. Cook the chops, covered, turning and basting with sauce every 5 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted crosswise into the chops registers 140 degrees F, about 15 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve: Drizzle the chops with more sauce and serve.
- Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and boil until almost completely reduced and the mixture looks like wet sand, about 4 minutes. Whisk in both mustards and the jam or preserves. Simmer, whisking, until jam melts, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the bourbon and salt.
- Cook's Note: The bourbon is stirred in at the end--uncooked--to give a genuine jolt to the sauce. This Southern blend goes great with pork but is also a good finisher for chicken, duck, or veal.
- Yield: about 1 1/4 cups
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Jean’s Recipe File
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More