PEACH PECAN BAKED FRENCH TOAST
Peach Pecan Baked French Toast
- Cooking Time: 22-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- As much cream cheese as you want (I used fat free; less guilt)
- French bread slices to cover the bottom of a 9x13 in pan (1-in. slices; I used about 10. Use more if you are good at squishing.)
- 2 15-oz cans peach slices, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or peach flavoring
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Spread cream cheese on both sides of bread slices.
Arrange bread slices in single layer in bottom of pan.
Poke holes in bread with toothpick.
Cover bread with peaches.
Cover peaches with chopped nuts.
In large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
Pour mixture over bread.
Place in oven for 22-25 minutes or until firm in center.
Serve with favorite syrup.