- Cooking Time: 22-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- As much cream cheese as you want (I used fat free; less guilt)
- French bread slices to cover the bottom of a 9x13 in pan (1-in. slices; I used about 10. Use more if you are good at squishing.)
- 2 15-oz cans peach slices, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or peach flavoring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of bread slices.
- Arrange bread slices in single layer in bottom of pan.
- Poke holes in bread with toothpick.
- Cover bread with peaches.
- Cover peaches with chopped nuts.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Place in oven for 22-25 minutes or until firm in center.
- Serve with favorite syrup.
NotesOne year, I was just so tired of making individual pieces of french toast, I thought, hey, I can bake them all at once! Sounded relaxing, actually. This is a great way to have a delish breakfast and hardly lift a finger. You can even prepare it the night before and whip it out of the 'fridge in the morning and plop it in the oven. Makes the morning lovely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More