- Cooking Time: 22-25
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryOne year, I was just so tired of making individual pieces of french toast, I thought, hey, I can bake them all at once! Sounded relaxing, actually. This is a great way to have a delish breakfast and hardly lift a finger. You can even prepare it the night before and whip it out of the 'fridge in the morning and plop it in the oven. Makes the morning lovely.
- As much cream cheese as you want (I used fat free; less guilt)
- French bread slices to cover the bottom of a 9x13 in pan (1-in. slices; I used about 10. Use more if you are good at squishing.)
- 2 15-oz cans peach slices, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or peach flavoring
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread cream cheese on both sides of bread slices.
- Arrange bread slices in single layer in bottom of pan.
- Poke holes in bread with toothpick.
- Cover bread with peaches.
- Cover peaches with chopped nuts.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Place in oven for 22-25 minutes or until firm in center.
- Serve with favorite syrup.