- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 pound peach(es), yellow or white variety
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz gingersnap(s), about 18 cookies
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Quarter each peach half. Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop. Crush gingersnaps into crumbs; place in a small bowl. Pour melted butter into crumbs and combine thoroughly.
- Pat crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate; make sure crumbs are evenly distributed.
- Starting at edge of pie plate, arrange peach slices in concentric circles so that they cover entire surface of pie and form a petal-like pattern. To form center of flower, arrange several peach slices into a small circle. Pour any remaining liquid from peach mixture over top of pie so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake pie in bottom 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325F and bake for 40 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pie plate on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Slice into 8 pieces just before serving. Yields 1 piece per serving.
NotesWeight Watchers Points: 3
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Help Cookbook: Food and FriendshipSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More