- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 pound peach(es), yellow or white variety
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 oz gingersnap(s), about 18 cookies
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Quarter each peach half. Combine peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop. Crush gingersnaps into crumbs; place in a small bowl. Pour melted butter into crumbs and combine thoroughly.
- Pat crumb mixture into bottom of a 9-inch ceramic or glass pie plate; make sure crumbs are evenly distributed.
- Starting at edge of pie plate, arrange peach slices in concentric circles so that they cover entire surface of pie and form a petal-like pattern. To form center of flower, arrange several peach slices into a small circle. Pour any remaining liquid from peach mixture over top of pie so it is evenly distributed.
- Bake pie in bottom 1/3 of oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 325F and bake for 40 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pie plate on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Slice into 8 pieces just before serving. Yields 1 piece per serving.
NotesWeight Watchers Points: 3
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More